Leading Nigerian journalist and Aboutthatcurvylife’s founder; Latasha Ngwube is definitely a style icon to watch on the plus size radar. Inspired by her determination to make plus size fashion in Africa mainstream, body positive website; Lifesize Magazine had a Skype interview with her for their famed ’22 Questions’ segment. From her fashion icon to her favourite food and her beauty secrets, here’s a closer look at what it’s like to live in the world of Latasha Ngwube;
1) Who’s your fashion icon?
2) What’s the best fashion trend of all time?
Black and White. It’s a classic.
3) Who is your biggest role model?
My mother. She’s indestructible.
4) What’s your favourite brand to wear on a night out?
Camilla – It’s an Australian brand.
5) What’s your favourite “catwalk”/fashion item you were allowed to keep?
These Polo Avenue Magpie glasses.
6) What’s the hardest part about being a journalist?
Not being able to afford and wear everything I write about!
7) What surprised you most about being a journalist?
Reading my own work sometimes really surprises me. I read it and I’m like, did I really write that? It’s brilliant!
8) What’s your best beauty tip?
Always hydrate your skin and always take your makeup off.
9) ‘Drop the plus’ or keep it?
Drop the labels. If you’re fabulous you’re fabulous.
10) Favourite clothing or brand to wear at an event?
11) What’s your favourite food?
12) Least favourite food?
13) What’s the best country you’ve been to?
14) What’s in your handbag right now?
What is in my handbag, let me check. Paper… I don’t know why.
15) What’s the coolest thing about your home?
My art and my books.
16) What’s one thing you can’t live without?
17) What’s one thing you still have from childhood?
My very first teddy bear. Oh and a pair of reebok sneakers.
18) What’s your favourite app?
19) If there’s something you could tell your 18-year-old self, what would it be?
That guy you’re stressing about, he’s not the one.
20) What’s the best thing about your life?
Being able to do everything I’ve ever imagined.
21) What’s your least favourite thing in life?
How much I procrastinate.
22) What’s a surprise that made you cry?
At the show at Fashion week.
Latest posts by Emmanuel Sadi (see all)
- Online Styling Agency; Stitch Fix Launches Plus-Size With Over 90 Brands - February 23, 2017
- All 27 Plus Size Runway Moments From New York Fashion Week 2017 - February 20, 2017
- The Prabal Gurung For Lane Bryant Collection is Finally Here - February 16, 2017