The wedding gown is one of the most important factors to be considered when planning a wedding, particularly for the plus size bride. A bride will want to look at her best that day of her wedding so we will give some helpful tips for getting the best dress. Before we do that, let’s take a look at challenges faced by plus size women in shopping for a wedding gown.
In our present world of fashion, more emphasis is being placed on slim women like the models we see on fashion runway. As top designers make wedding gown suiting slimmer women and ignoring the plus size categories. This also poses a challenge in going to shop for wedding gowns for plus size women, as most wedding gowns on sales in shop are for slimmer women.
Some experiences have been shared by plus size women when they went shopping for wedding gowns, on how they almost came to tears not finding what suited them. Even though they might find some wedding gowns that fit them, they are not as stylish as those made for slimmer people.
This can be a very emotional experience, so when going wedding gown shopping, go with friends to make it as fun as possible. Also, you might decide to go directly to a designer to make something specially fitted for you. This seems like the best solution, because you will provide the designer with exactly what you are looking for and how you want the dress to look on you. Customization, is always the best route to go if you can’t find exactly what you are looking for.
It might be very expensive to go directly to a designer for your wedding dress, especially for those with a limited budget. But you can check out bridal salons that cater specifically to the needs of plus size women. A bride should choose a wedding gown that suits her taste, something she will be comfortable in and will make her happy.
Tips for Shopping for a Plus Size Wedding Gown:
- You should go along with friends and make it as fun as possible.
- You should not get discouraged when you do not find what suits you, as they are many other shops available both online and offline.
- You should go shopping with appropriate undergarments. You want to wear what you are going to wear on your wedding dress, so you get a true vision of what the dress will look like.
- You should go shopping with your shoes so you can see exactly how the shoes and dress go together.
- You should always keep an open mind when making picking your wedding gown.
Latest posts by Emmanuel Sadi (see all)
- Online Styling Agency; Stitch Fix Launches Plus-Size With Over 90 Brands - February 23, 2017
- All 27 Plus Size Runway Moments From New York Fashion Week 2017 - February 20, 2017
- The Prabal Gurung For Lane Bryant Collection is Finally Here - February 16, 2017