Latest posts by Ruby stonez (see all)
- Whatever Your Beauty is, Embrace & Celebrate it! Curvy Media Personality, Toolz Announces The Release of Her New Lingerie Line, Sablier - May 11, 2018
- 12 Shades of Plus Size Super Model, Ashley Graham at the MET Gala Night 2018 You Probably Never Saw. - May 9, 2018
- Plus Size Actress Mercedes Javid From Popular TV Series Ties The Knot With Her Brawn Fiance - May 5, 2018
Quadruple threat plus-size makeup artist/hair, stylist, photographer and singer/actress Jessica Frieling is not only super talented, but she’s got some great advice for all women out there and she’s our makeup artist crush today.
With all the awareness going on, it’s surprising to see that plus size women are still being given stereotyped rules to follow about everything. How you can’t wear striped or flowery skirts and many others. Another of such surprising myths are the makeup and hairstyle rules, were women are told that they shouldn’t wear a liquid foundation, bold eye makeup or neutral lip color as it will only draw attention to their flaws. Jessica Freiling loves bright colors and disproves these myths which limit a woman’s style.
- Concealer tips: Use a shade lighter than your foundation. Apply with a brush or your fingers and blend toward the edges. Apply around your lips, just above the bow, to make your lips look fuller.
- Foundation tips: Apply with a sponge (the same sponge you used to apply your primer). Apply in a stippling motion for even coverage.
- How to pick a shade: Go into a store and try several different shades and brands. Ask a store associate for help or bring a friend. Even professionals ask for help.
- Contour: Pick a bronzer with little to no shimmer. Apply with a brush to the hollows of your cheeks (suck in your cheeks and make a fish face to find the hollows). Apply from your hairline in the hollow about 2 inches, and stop about where your jaw hinges. It’s important to not take the powder too far. Blend the powder into your hairline, applying darker closer to your hairline. Also, apply the bronzer lightly to your temples and along your jawline, where you would naturally have shadows.
Experiment with colors, shimmer and liners. Don’t forget mascara. Use a light shadow to highlight under your eyebrows and the inner corners of your eyes. Fill in eyebrows. Sparse or light eyebrows can age you.
- Finally, apply a bronzer/darker blush powder, as a bronzer this time.
- Finish lips with a natural color for day and top with a gloss in a taupe pink shade. Apply gloss to the middle of lips and be set to go.